Saturday 9 February 2008

The Third Place Play Off

Ghana will play Cote D'Ivoire in a few hours. Three weeks ago when I was but a boy in Accra, this was widely thought to be the final.

Nothing is inevitable in football and so in the semi finals, Cameroon beat Ghana and Egypt thrashed Cote D'Ivoire.

I thought that the Ivorians would win the title. But they didn't take their chances. At any level you've got to stick the ball in the back of the net.

I wonder how the lads are getting on back in Paris. Given that they were losing quite drastically with me there, it's been as soothing as it is upsetting to find out via the emails that they're getting pasted in my absence.

I don't think we'll be pushing for third place in the division this season.

It's going to be interesting to see if I'll be a better player after all this football.

Like I said nothing is inevitable in football.

No comments: