Saturday 9 February 2008

The Post Office

I almost wish I travelled up to Kumasi today. Ghana beat Cote d'Ivoire 4-2 to get the third place prize.

I'm sure the party in Kumasi will be worth attending. But I thought for the sense of stability I'd stay in the capital.

I am pleased to have been with the people watching the match rather than with loads of journalists in the press tribunes.

It was more of a laugh. During half time, I asked Foster to take me to the post office so I could send off the batch of cards that I've written. We couldn't find a letter box. A woman there said the free standing receptacle was where I could drop the letters off.

It could be picked up by anyone. So I thought I'd leave it till Monday.

The hotel staff are having a cocktail for all the RFI staff. Mighty kind of them. They'll be in good spirits after the victory.

As the adverts have been singing all tournament, Go Ghana Go.

Wish the cheesy musician would do the same.

No comments: