Tuesday 7 April 2009

The Porter

Must have been something about me this weekend. On the way to London a woman asked me if I could help a man with his suitcase. "As long as it's not too heavy," I said.

On the way back to Paris a woman asked me towards the end of the journey if I could help her with her bag. "As long as it's not too heavy..."

Because of course the last thing I want to become is a crocked Samaritan. That would not do. Far too many things to do at the moment.

The management at the radio station have decided to smash up the house agreement so there's been a day of strikes. I went in not to break the strike but to give in a letter of support to a colleague who's in a dispute with another colleague.

It's not going to end well for somebody. A bit like the approaching UEFA Champions League quarter finals.

No comments: