Thursday 19 February 2009

The Recuperation

Off for an tri generation swim this morning at Biggleswade pool. The father-in-law me and the missus and the brood.

The eldest decided to race her granddad. I gave the left leg a workout and then did shallow pool duties while the missus did a few lengths.

The middle child was somewhere in the middle.

The effect of the swim was to knock me out completely. But I'd like to think that was more due to the walk round the village green with the three children.

After lunch the best I could do was race the boy to the siesta. I just about managed to read the story. About three pages from the end, he'd had enough. He turned, sighed and shuddered. I read to the end and next thing I know it's almost tea time.

This is what holdiays are for.

The good news is that as I plot my way back to fitness, the team won last Saturday against the team in fourth and it looks pretty good. The next match - 28th - is against the league's worst team.

But no complacency here. They might have a one day hurrah. Anyway that's the target. But then you don't want to overdo it.

Getting injured playing against the bottom team - almost as duff as getting injured during a practice session.

No comments: