Thursday 29 January 2009

The Strike IV

Everyone seems to be angry with Sgt Major Sarko.

Nearly a month into the new year and a day of action. Or should that be inaction. General strike - grève générale or as the wags put it rêve générale.


I didn't stop to ask anyone with this daubed over their jacket why it was a rêve. My mistake as there were quite a few in the Petit Chateau d'Eau when me and the bairns went in for our snack at tea time. As I have been reading in the papers: people are upset over their lack of spending power and the fact that there are job losses aplenty.

At this juncture it seems to me that if you have a precarious position that it is not the time to go and possibly jeopardise. But I guess one day off isn't going to tilt things that much.


Maybe we should have been out there demonstrating. Though I don't think that a demo is any place for a child. It could turn nasty.

Instead after lunch we did improving things like read books - well that's what the eldest did. The youngest had his siesta while me and the middle child watched the A Team on the sofa. Or rather she watched the A Team while I nodded off.

I am a big fan of the do-gooding heroes taking the side of the underdog against overwhelming forces. And somehow it seemed the apt programme for a day of action.

As the lead into the show says: 'If you've got a problem and no one else can help, maybe you can hire the A Team......'

Get on that phone Sarko.

No comments: